Monday 20 December 2021

December 20, 2021

Last night before bed I wrote a stiff To Do list for today, consisting of six monstrous things that were all Urgent or Very Urgent.

It was cold and grey outside this morning so I immediately discounted the ones that involved leaving the house: going to the launderette, and nipping into town to get last-minute Christmas presents. Two down, four to go.

Summoning all my courage, I took the advice of all those motivational gurus and tackled the worst one first: ringing Virgin Mobile to get some information I needed. It's never as bad as you think it's going to be and I only had to listen to painful Ed Sheeranesque hold music for about half an hour before I got through. Tick!

Next up: contacting university about withdrawing or suspending my studies next year. I emailed my tutor; she emailed straight back with helpful suggestions. Things I have learned this year: asking people about things is surprisingly useful. Tick!

Two left. Hmmn. Christmas wrapping? Loadsa time for that, why is that even on the list? 

(Because there have been unwrapped Christmas presents strewn across all available floorspace for weeks and you're getting sick of stepping over them and the general untidiness and chaos in here? Shhhh. I'll do it later.)

Ok, last one. 

Oh no. 

It just says 'Emails' and we all know what that means. 

It means it's time for Twitter procrastination! Yay! Squirrels!

To Do lists are exhausting.

Today's Photo: Owl Socks And Other Gifts



No comments: