Wednesday 29 December 2021

December 29, 2021

Another sofa day. 

Very browsing, much wow.

Today I learned there is another Mona Lisa.

Somebody uploaded essays about The Canterbury Tales.

Roeselien Raimond took a load of beautiful photos of fox faces:

 
Some good Twitter folk collated the resources that helped them realise they might have ADHD. I'm slowly working my way through the articles. This one was like ticking off a checklist.

My hero Austin Kleon blessed us with a newsletter called My Year In 101 Quotes. As a keen harvester of quotes I already have a dedicated quotes notebook, but I like his idea of intentionally seeking out one a day. Here's a cracker he posted on Twitter recently:


The Graun gave us a nice article about helpful self help books today. Meditations has long been on my list of books to read and hopefully after I've dropped out of university in the new year I'll actually have time to auto that didact instead of reducing myself to a frenzied mess trying to get an endless succession of pointless superficial bullshit essays about things I instantly forget handed in on time.

Also from the article:
 
"Thoreau saw paid work as a necessary evil to which we should dedicate as little time as possible."
 
Hell yeah.
 
Now please take time to admire the masterpiece that is Ain't Nothing But A Love Cat by StuffbyMarkUK. I want so many things from his shop it's not funny.

I finally finished my Christmas window today:


The tinsel tree (50p from the charity shop) is standing on a miniature pretend retro TV that's got a fake fire instead of a picture. I love how cosy the TV looks, but I can't run it too much because it makes a tiny noise which I find very horrible (in case you'd forgotten I was also autistic):
 

It is, of course, also from the charity shop and is destined to end up back there one day.

Today's Photo: O Tannenbaum


 

 

No comments: