Friday 31 December 2021

December 31, 2021

I made it! 

One post and one photo per day, for one year: done. 

The posts were mostly like this but never mind:

For a person who never manages to keep up any new routine beyond a few days, it honestly feels like some sort of  achievement. It was certainly quite challenging finding different things to take photos of when you only go to the same five places and stay home 80% of the time.

I guess the trick to sticking at it is choosing something you like to do anyway.

Realising I only had about 150 pages left of Eichmann in Jerusalem this afternoon, a book I've been dipping in and out of for months, I made a mighty push and got it finished so I could add it to the Books Read in 2021 total. When I finished it, I walked round to the library and dropped it into the returns bin. I did this instead of drinking cider and listening to records. Who says I don't know how to have a good time.

Today of course is #LemonPig Day, that age-old luck-bringing Twitter tradition that, erm, didn't seem to work too well the last couple of years but I'm nothing if not an optimist so here's this year's attempt:


Maybe previous ones didn't work because I forgot to add a tail? 

Although I survived a pandemic and retained a roof over my head and enjoyed many other blessings so perhaps the luck did work after all.

Here's the 'Before' pic. Tesco only had limes:

I was astonished to find I still had the cloves, hidden right at the back of the kitchen cupboard. They're from my mum and dad's house, which was sold in 2012, and they were ancient then. There's no use by date on them, but there's this:


I obviously didn't check the cupboard last year because 2021 Lemon (Satsuma) Pig had sewing pins for eyes. Here he is presciently capturing the spirit of 2021 after only its first week:

With the lucky lime Lemon Pig looking out for us, let's hope 2022 sees a return to some semblance of normal. Hang in there. Happy New Year.

Today's Photo: Looking Into 2022

 

2 comments:

Jane said...

I do hope you continue, Weasel. As someone going through some similar stuff to you - recently diagnosed adhd, ASD - your posts helped me more than you knew. And were just a really good read. Either way, thanks, and wishing you all lovely things for the future. Happy new year.

One Fine Weasel said...

Thank you Jane. That means a lot. I'm sorry I didn't reply in good time.

2022 swept me along in a very big and very stressful hurry and long story short now I'm back in New Zealand living with a niece, her partner and two babies with barely enough time to crack open the laptop. I'm still struggling with life but in a different and more interesting way...

I'm so glad my posts helped a fellow AuDHDer - I couldn't wish for more. I really hope you're doing ok - it's quite the journey isn't it. Much love back to you. I'd maybe like to start blogging again when I get a moment so maybe you'll check back in and see this one day. All the best x