Saturday 30 October 2021

October 30, 2021

I've just put my clocks back because I like to get a good run up to the time change, prepare for it, just like when I used to zip between New Zealand and the UK I'd try and adjust to the new time zone a day or two in advance (it was a good excuse to stay up all night).

It's less of a shock to the system if you can mentally adjust beforehand. Nothing more bewildering than casually losing an hour or a day; or weeks and months, in the case of the 2020 lockdown.

Fall Back just makes me long for Spring Forward, the return of the light. As ever, I tell myself it won't be long - just a few short months: you can do it.

I thought I'd get into the spirit of Halloween today by carving a pumpkin, except I didn't have a pumpkin and couldn't be bothered to go out and get one.

Amazing what you can do with a satsuma and a Sharpie, innit. If I eat this before Halloween proper I'll have to repeat the exercise on either an apple, a kiwifruit, an onion or an ageing banana.

Today's Photo: Green Bike



No comments: