Sunday 24 October 2021

October 24, 2021

Took the camera out for a walk this afternoon, just like the good old days when I used to not spend ALL my time staring at screens.

Collected some shadows:

And some other good stuff:

When I was photographing the mushrooms, a woman with a pushchair stopped to ask me if I'd noticed a small boy on a scooter go past. I hadn't. She silently turned to survey the rec, the footpaths to either side, the road and the brook behind us. Then she turned back to me, and the anguish on her face was terrible. She couldn't speak. I didn't know what to do. My blood ran cold. I could feel her panic.

I hung around for a bit after she left, hoping that a small boy would ride by on a scooter looking for his mum and I could tell him which way she'd gone, help him to cross the road, go chasing after her. 

But no small boys came by.

I hope she found him.

Today's Photo: Cormorant



No comments: