Tuesday 26 October 2021

October 26, 2021

I wasn't joking yesterday about Mondays being tiring.

This morning, when one of my three alarms finally brought me round, I opened one eye and immediately clocked that it was Too Light.

"SHIT."

I rolled out of bed hoping it wasn't gone 10 or, worse, 11.

Small mercies: it was 8.17.

I'm meant to be at work by 7.45. Luckily, there aren't that many people around that early and I work by myself so fingers crossed nobody would notice me sneaking in late. I pulled on yesterday's clothes and grabbed a banana and ran out the door and got there at half past.

Not the greatest start to the day - no coffee! - and it was the first time I've massively overslept in the three years I've been there (...slightly oversleeping is entirely normal).

Wandered down to the post office later and admired the Hallowe'en decorations in the tree outside the cool house on the corner (you know the one I mean):

Then I treated myself to lunch in the Pear Tree. They had cool Hallowe'en decorations too:

Unfortunately the Hallowe'en theme continued back home, when I found this monster lurking in the bathroom:

I cannot describe how huge and horrible this thing is. Its legs wouldn't fit inside the circumference of a jam jar. 

I've seen it skulking around before - two previous bathroom sightings, one time it was sneaking around the edge of the room on its way somewhere, and last week, horrifically, it ran straight across the middle of the floor, making a beeline for under the sofa, while I was on the sofa.

Now, while I respect spiders' rights to life, liberty and justice as fellow earthlings, I do not want them coming anywhere near me. Especially not massive nightmare ones like this. 

If I see it anywhere near my bed, no question, I'll have to move out.

Today's Photo: Birthday Borat



No comments: