Thursday 28 October 2021

October 28, 2021

Something that is fun to do is trap the fruit flies in my kitchen in a jam jar and release them at the bathroom window where Princess Leggy lives in the window frame.

Princess Leggy seems to appreciate the gesture and it is fairly gripping entertainment, for us both I suspect.

It is not instant doom for the fruit flies - they have an equal chance of escaping out of the window vent or just flying off as becoming spider lunch.

I realise this is weird.


Princess Leggy was the only other occupant of my flat when we went into lockdown in March 2020 and so out of necessity I became quite fond of him/her/it. 

The best thing about Princess Leggy is that you always know where she is - no running across the carpet or skulking along skirting boards for this one. 

After watching fruit flies wandering around on the cobwebs, I realised the webs are not for entrapment, they're for transport - they're cellar spider highway. I have also learned a lot about fruit fly behaviour. You'd think they'd all be thick as bricks but some of them are very smart.

Anyway that's why I haven't cleaned the cobwebs away from the bathroom window for nearly two years, don't judge me.

Today's Photo: Worst Hallowe'en Display Ever



No comments: