Thursday 14 October 2021

October 14, 2021

Outside still exists, apparently - I caught a glimpse of it this morning:


The essay isn't getting any easier. Today I've added another paragraph - the sum total of seven hour's work.

Getting a bit sick of it now. Sick of the executive dysfunction that keeps tripping me up - I've got all the themes and ideas worked out in my head, I just can't get them out in coherent form onto the page. There's too much to say, and I keep going round in circles, dipping into my notes for supporting information then drowning in the detail there.

On the plus side, I have none of the panic, turmoil and despair that was the fun feature of year one.

On the minus side, I'm worried I might've simply given up on feeling anything at all.

I don't want to do year three at this institution - if I do manage to graduate, I'd rather do it at a proper university - but I do want to complete the module that involves working in the Special Collections archive next February. This was the thing that attracted me to the course in the first place.

So to get there, I need to claw my way through this essay, and the next, and the next. This is why I just keep chipping away at it, one sentence at a time. Maybe it'll be finished by the deadline on Sunday. Maybe.

Today's Photo: Word



No comments: