Sunday 17 October 2021

October 17, 2021

Phew. Somehow, I pulled it out the bag. The essay was handed in at 9.30pm, and I think it's all right.

I would like to thank my autism for fixating on the minutiae that ultimately made it an interesting thing to write, and my ADHD for producing the daredevil spurt at the end to get the thing done a whisker ahead of deadline.

Although my ADHD didn't help matters by making it impossible to plan, or take decent notes.

At least my autism dutifully noted down all the authors, titles, page numbers and URLs of the things I read as I went along.

(It also bloody loved doing the referencing.)

Together, they totally won at the hyperfocus that means I've barely seen daylight for three weeks because I've been doing this, this, and only this, in between going to work.

Their intensity also roped in eleven textbooks and a stack of papers 1.5cm thick - that's a lot of reading for a 3000 word essay.

I did manage a quick walk in the sun this afternoon, between finishing off the draft and doing the final revisions, and my poor body didn't know what had hit it. It's used to being scrunched up on the sofa with a laptop balanced on its knees.

Today's Photo: Tree Face




No comments: