Monday 11 October 2021

October 11, 2021

Another amazing sky when I got to work this morning:

Seeing the day wake up is the best thing about starting very early.

The study skills mentor (I think that's what she calls herself) who I see via Teams on a Monday kept talking about the 'skellington' of my essay plan, so after the meeting I drew a picture of it:

Unfortunately that's about as far as I've got with the essay planning.

(I'm not an orthopedist, don't @ me.)

The 4.5 hours I spent at the evening job tonight was the longest 4.5 hours of my life. After I'd been there several days and more I glanced at the clock and it was only five past seven. 

People kept asking me things - ok, so I'm a library assistant, they're meant to - but I haven't sat behind a library desk since 2019 and I don't know anything anymore. The world has changed, there's been a pandemic, you can't work the photocopier and neither can I but the point is I no longer care.

I shouldn't have gone back to the library. Every shift (apart from that first one, which felt like magical unicorns) has felt like this:

Ah well. Tomorrow's another day.

Today's Photo: Apathy



No comments: