Monday 9 August 2021

August 9, 2021

I watched Being John Malkovitch for the first time last night. Had no idea what to expect. Happy to report that I totally loved it, after making a conscious decision just to take the weirdness at face value and enjoy the ride.

(For context: things need to make sense to me. Trying to get my logical head around the time travel in Back To The Future nearly gave me an aneurysm).

I adored all the dark, twisted humour in BJM, and how dreadful all the characters were. Howled at how everyone just carried on as normal on Floor Seven and a Half. Enjoyed the surprise appearance of Charlie Sheen. I love it when a film you're not expecting to be funny is not just funny but very, very funny. 

One of my favourite bits was the fleeting appearance of Brad and Jen:

Maximum snark in a millisecond of screen time - brilliant. I also liked waiting for Cameron Diaz to put in an appearance, and then realising, "Oh!"

Plus there was this gorgeous thing playing over the closing credits:


Good shit.

When I'm at home I never want to go out, and when I'm out, I never want to go home. Stretched my legs around the lake this afternoon, then found a sunny bench to daydream on, and could have stayed there forever.

Today's Photo: WildFlower Power


No comments: