Sunday 8 August 2021

August 8, 2021

Word reaches me that it IS apparently possible to draw a horse, although I still find that difficult to believe. 

It only got worse after I got the pastels out:

After starting to suspect that maybe horses didn't even exist and I'd just made them up in a fever dream (where do their eyes go? Do they even have mouths?) I decided to look at pictures of horses online to see if that helped. 

It didn't, so I put the drawing stuff away and made a stop-motion with Terry the Tapir instead:

Almost indistinguishable from Eadweard Muybridge's The Horse In Motion, I think you'll agree:

Started a new book this morning, Stiff by Mary Roach. While it's as interesting as yesterday's, it doesn't lend itself quite as well to being quoted on here due to the grisly contents. I'm fascinated by real-life gory stuff but even so, some bits still put me off my lunch. 

For the record, I'd like a natural burial, no fuss, no embalming, ta.

Today's Photo: Leopard Fruit


 

No comments: