Sunday 15 August 2021

August 15, 2021

Nothing to report, other than for something to do I attempted a slapdash, whatever-happened-to-be-in-the-cupboard version of this spinach and butterbean recipe and it came out soupy but very flavoursome:

And then later I went for a walk where I saw these excellent ducks:

I'm still battling fear and confusion over the job/university choice, but am seeing a sensible friend tomorrow who might help me reach a decision.

I'm also battling the pre-holiday terrors, where I wake up at 4am convinced that the act of going on holiday will bring about certain death or else I'll fall prey to some terrible, painful or expensive catastrophe. But I've just promised to meet another friend for lunch in Bristol on Wednesday, so unfortunately that's going to have to be the start of the holiday. I would truly hate myself if I chickened out and drove back to Cardiff again after seeing him when the M5's right there.

I went through all this anxiety business prior to my 2019 European road trip. So much so that I put it off for a couple of years before finally forcing myself to go. The weeks leading up to departure were terrible - I have never been so afraid. The fear came with me all the way to Dover, to Calais, to Gravelines, along the entire coast of Belgium, and didn't depart until I'd spent a few days in the Netherlands. Then it was a doddle, I loved it, and I wondered why I'd been so scared.

I'm hoping it will be the same this time. Please be kind to me, Scotland, and try not to rain too much.

Today's Photo: Unexpected Sunflower in the Quacking Area



No comments: