Saturday 14 August 2021

August 14, 2021

Bored with Twitter, last night I ventured over to Reddit to idlebrowse there instead, and found this lovely thing:


 It's based on this photo, 'These birds look like musical notes':

I love stuff like that.

Didn't know what to do with myself today - completed the to do list by 10am and was consumed by listlessness thereafter. I couldn't go anywhere because the car's still being repaired, am bored sick of screens, and having spent the last year and a half pacing every stretch of pavement in the vicinity, 'going for a walk' felt about as appealing as banging my head against a wall. 

In the end I took myself off to the park to read a book and look at dogs and trees and clouds. It helped, but I worried that I don't seem to have that one thing I can turn to to reliably pull me through moods like this. Then I remembered the camera in my bag. I spent a while trying to get damselflies to pose for photos, and it did the trick; I went home happy.



Realising my diet this week had mostly been bread-based, I got a beef & veg takeaway from Wok To Walk on the way back for an early dinner, washed it down with an Amstel, came back to life like a plant that had just been watered by its neglectful owner, then promptly fell asleep for four hours. 

It's gonna be a long night.

Today's Photo: Morning Cobweb


No comments: