Wednesday 4 August 2021

August 4, 2021

Just some art borrowed from Twitter today, because I am knackered.

Spent the afternoon with my friend Sam. Two solid days of people energy! It's lovely but I'm not used to it. I went to bed at 7pm, but got woken up a couple of hours later by my phone ringing (ignored it, obvs, but the damage was done).

First up some gorgeous architectural art from Helen Shulkin. I adore these pastel sketches of buildings in Hamburg, and how she's revealed her process:

I also really loved her painting of the Elbphilharmonie:

Rabih Alameddine posts art, poetry and general good stuff every day. I was mesmerised by these artworks he shared by Norwegian painter Tor-Arne Moen:






They look like dreams.

Rabih also posted a link to an article showcasing the evocative work of French photographer Lise Sarfati, catchily entitled These Photos Will Blow Your Mind - Russia In The 90s Through The Lens With French Photographer Lise Sarfati:




The article's well worth a look.

As for me, I didn't take the camera out today. So Photo du Jour will have to be this one, taken on the tablet after being rudely awakened at the crack of dawn by the magpies demanding their breakfast:



No comments: