Tuesday 10 August 2021

August 10, 2021

I liked Austin Kleon's recent post about surprise being the enabler of seeing.

It reminded me of two recent occasions I saw things my brain failed to comprehend.

The time I saw someone with no face. I was driving down a dark, rainy street, there was a person on the pavement walking towards me, and their face consisted of dark and light horizontal stripes, with no discernable features. Logic said it was just a trick of the streetlights, but no matter how hard I looked my startled eyes could only take in a flat stripy surface under some hair and above a body.

The time I saw a car that was a colour that didn't exist. It was some indiscernable tone between beige and pink, and it felt deeply uncomfortable trying to pin down what this hue was, and come up with nothing.

The dress was blue and black though, I'm not a wally.

Today's Photo: Portal



No comments: