Wednesday 7 July 2021

July 7, 2021

Something something football. There was a lovely analysis of Three Lions doing the rounds today.

I didn't watch the England v Denmark game, but I did read people's reactions to it on Twitter. This is my preferred way to follow major events, mainly because it's more entertaining. There is emotion, information, and jokes. In between football tweets, there are pets and other nice things. Everybody thinks Gareth Southgate is a lovely man. Somebody said, "if I was sports, I would simply win." It makes a pleasant change from reading about the latest series of abominable decisions by the UK government.

The weekend away was fantastic; it was so good to be on the move again. I liked it so much I'm now thinking I ought to do the Thames Path Extension, the North Bank London bit (I went south), and the whole thing again but in the other direction.

Yesterday I cycled to Penarth to catch up with a woman I used to work with. She's been sending me texts ever since May 2020 asking if I'd like to get a coffee, so I thought I should finally humour her. She just reinforced my belief that neurotypicals are weird. 

Today I just took it really easy, reading books, snoozing and sending a few emails. I also had my final session with the counsellor. That woman was a breath of fresh air; what a wonder she was. Telling me the scores from my anxiety and depression questionnaires she said I was measurably in a better state than when we started, but I already knew that because I wouldn't have been able to organise a weekend away otherwise.

I finally got the feedback on the last essay too. It was glowing. It was better than glowing. I feel like a fraud.

Today's Photo: Pyjama Views



No comments: