Saturday 3 July 2021

July 3, 2021

What a view:


Roath Park is so lush.

Had a much better day today, poodling around doing chores which then morphed into pre-pack, my well honed preparation stage for every trip I take.

Pre-pack involves getting everything straight in my head, down to the last tiny detail, of what to bring. I'm only going to be away for one night so in this instance it's very little - just a change of clothes, wash stuff, my walking hat and an anorak unfortunately as the forecast is not good.

Also: a book to read, the tablet, the camera, a charger, an MP3 player (because I don't have a smartphone), a notebook, my diary, two pens, suncream (just in case), a packed lunch, spare shoes (also just in case), noise cancelling earplugs, first aid kit, a deck of cards and three different pairs of glasses. 

I like to be prepared for every eventuality.

The bus leaves Cardiff at 10am tomorrow. I've booked a ticket for the National Gallery in the afternoon, and then after that I'll meander across town to the hotel.

On Monday, I'll be doing the short section of the Thames Path that I missed when I walked it before - I didn't realise the Path crossed over to the other bank at Kingston, so between Kingston and Hampton I freestyled it on the wrong side of the river. Obviously I can't claim I've 'done the Thames Path' until I've put that right. It's only a three-mile section but these technicalities count.

If I get time after that I'll have a nosey around Bushy Park, and then on the way back to Victoria I'll pay my respects at the Covid Wall.

All going well I'll be home by 10pm Monday night. And that, chaps, will be my first trip anywhere since February 2020. I actually feel quite nervous, and hope I don't catch Covid from someone on the bus.

Today's Photo: Bowls



No comments: