Thursday 1 July 2021

July 1, 2021

I went for a walk after posting on here last night to try and perk myself up.

Passing a school, I spied a tiny New Zealand peeking at me out of a window:


It takes very little to cheer me up, and this did the trick. So much so that this morning, I decided that if I saw three more New Zealands while I was shopping for a birthday present in Penarth, I'd pack in all this UK nonsense and go back there like I should've done in 2012.

I opted to use my tiki handbag to encourage the universe along a bit:


1. The first New Zealand I found on the Paul Woodland memorial in the Garden of Remembrance. It was round the back and arguably where Antarctica should be, but there it was.

2. The second New Zealand was on a fold-up shopping bag in a gift shop window. It was more of a wormy blob than an accurate portrayal of this marvellous island nation, but I'll take it.

3. The third New Zealand was a Lonely Planet guide in a charity shop.

On the pier, I overheard two teenage girls talking about someone they knew spending a year in Australia, and then I saw a man wearing an Aussie rugby shirt, so I'm claiming those too. It's near enough.

So that's decided then.

I felt fine today. I'm praying the PCR test I had this afternoon comes back negative because not only was I wandering around Penarth today (being extremely careful about social distancing obvs) but I finally booked that bus to London - I'm going down on Sunday, I hope.

Today's Photo: Loveliness



 

No comments: