Monday 12 July 2021

July 12, 2021

It took about 15 minutes to drive home from the hotel this morning.

Since then it's been one of those days where I've just put my head down and got on with stuff - tidying up and chucking stuff out, mostly, because I'm starting to realise I need to move on from Cardiff. I'm bored and stale and dead here. I want to go.

I got to grips with that drawer - you know the one, the one where you bung everything you don't know what to do with. Deep breath and repeat the mantra, "It's okay to throw things away, Weez." The drawer is now a lot more organised than it was this morning. Still can't bring myself to throw away old shoelaces though.

Then I backed a load of things up on Dropbox and onto CD-Rs because I'm old school and I prefer actual physical things; went through old USBs to delete stuff no longer needed; stuck things in scrapbooks; started another bag for the charity shop; tidied the desk. Threw away a load of loyalty cards from places I've only ever been to once; sorted out my stationery. At some point in the last decade I've stopped needing blu tac - an unexpected by-product of middle age. Discovered I have a hundred thousand pens. Can't throw them away either - useful things be useful.

It feels - I feel - better, lighter. I hope to god this Get Things Done mood continues into the rest of the week.

Marcus Rashford's tweet today made me well up. He's a truly great person with nothing to be sorry for. I love him, everybody loves him, except for Brexity arsehole racist wankers who can go fuck themselves. My heart goes out to him and the other kid who missed after having been subbed on just a couple of minutes previously; it was most definitely not their fault England lost that match. 

*looks sternly at Gareth Southgate*

Anyway I wasn't going to talk about the football. 

Finito.

Today's Photo: Hi-Tech Lo-Tech


PS It's in the bin now but what are these called? The internet thinks they're called 'fortune tellers' but in my half century alive I never heard a human being call them that; in fact I never heard a human being call them anything. I always refer to them as  >>does the hand movements<<



No comments: