Sunday 26 September 2021

September 26, 2021

When I got back from holiday I wrote myself a checklist:

HAVE YOU:
Moved/Exercised
Seen Daylight
Eaten
Drunk Enough Water
Done Anything That Felt Like An Accomplishment
Smiled/Laughed/Enjoyed Anything
NO? BETTER GET ONTO IT 

I thought reminding myself about basics might stop me getting into the depression pit I got stuck in before.

Glancing up from the laptop at 6pm and seeing the checklist stuck to the window, I realised today had been a bit fat nope on all counts. So I drank some water, fixed up a quick meal, and went out for a walk before it got too dark. The walk included a visit to the van, to hunt around for a necklace I took away on the road trip and now can't find.

It was good to be outside, watching the light leach from the sky - bat o'clock is my favourite time of day, and there were plenty whizzing round up at the lake. Lighthouse reflections made lazy ripples on the water, and a duck posed for a study in black and gold:

Unpacking the last of the holiday stuff from the van felt like a mini-accomplishment, and I found the necklace (I'd already brought it in; it was on the messy desk, buried).

Not sure the walk counted as exercise, but it clocked up 10k steps and I just about saw daylight while I was out there.

I would've enjoyed the day more had the original plan happened, which was to drive to Reading for the final family meet-up of summer. But people couldn't get fuel, or didn't want to waste what fuel they did have, so it was called off. 

Life is just one big party right now. Wild, wild times.

Today's Photo: Owen Je(n)kins

 

 

No comments: