Wednesday 22 September 2021

September 22, 2021

Got a haircut, my second since 2019. Lost the scarecrow bob and asked for short choppy layers. It came out halfway between Emma Thompson and Blackadder the First. Not great, but better - I see myself in the mirror again, not my big sister or the elderly aunt.

Listened to a BBC Sounds podcast on insomnia - generally, I start waking up around 10pm, then stay alert until the small hours - and the dulcet tones of the presenters and interviewees made me nod off.

Got lost on Ask Reddit. One question (can't link as Reddit's currently down) asked what effects of Covid are not discussed enough? This reply thread resonated:

"Ability to self-start at anything is completely destroyed after almost two years of stress, worry, and lack of meaningful social interactions...

Oh yes. Although the good news is, I'm starting to be able to get through books again. Not books that are related to university coursework, obviously, but it's a start. I picked up Eichmann in Jerusalem last night for a bit of light reading and am on page 59 already.

Walked down to the Chinese takeaway to get dinner - the lost hours on Reddit left it too late for cooking. It was good to see a tour bus parked outside The Globe again, even though wild horses couldn't drag me inside.

The darkness at half past eight was proper dark, night time dark. It won't be long before it starts getting cold. I'm not looking forward to winter.

Today's Photo: Lavender Blue


 

No comments: