Friday, 5 August 2016

Lego













Charlie wants me to help him buy a new jacket so I meet him after work and he takes me straight to the Lego store.

He strides directly to the Build-A-Mini Tower and announces "You build me, and I'll build you."

It is as if he has done this before.

There are many, many pieces to choose from; recreating Charlie in Lego form is a significant creative challenge. We work in silence, bar the odd expletive. Glancing up from time to time, I see his face either furrowed in concentration or sparkling with mischief.

After hunting through the bits I fail to find an architect's uniform, so go for something more statement, more essence de Charlie.

"Ready?" says Charlie. "I'll go first. Right, this is you. You have glasses, because you wear glasses. This is your hair because that's exactly what your hair is like. You're wearing a mermaid's top to demonstrate you have big boobies. The trousers are, hmm, kind of like your trousers - they're just trousers. Anyway, you're holding a giant steak and a pint glass because you always feed me."

I'm very touched by this depiction.

"This is you," I reply, brandishing my Lego Charlie. "You're a lascivious sailor fisting a monkey."






4 comments:

climan Transportation said...

climan motor freight
climan transportation

Secret Squirrel said...

We've all stopped blogging :( or..... have you started a new one? Please let me know. I hope you're well and happy,fine and dandy.
Big love xöx eve xöx (aka secret squirrel).

One Fine Weasel said...

Hiya lovely Eve!
No, we've all stopped blogging... :(
But I've started to miss it: Twitter's just not the same.
Just started reverting all the old posts to draft so I can start fresh on here - the old stuff feels like ancient history now. Got an idea for something new. Feels like I'm coming back to life at last, at last! Took a while. Our shit year(s) happened around the same time so I hope you're back on your feet now too.
Lots of big weasel-to-squirrel love back to you. Hugs always from across the planet x x x x

ps ever since I first saw it I have used "I'm up and dressed what more do you want?" as a life motto, THANK YOU :D

kaka small said...

Good post!we love visiting in your Blog...we will come back soon...
ทางเข้าจีคลับ
goldenslot register
GCLUB มือถือ